A massage gun is a valuable asset for any active individual. It is perhaps the best thing you can do for your muscles after an intense workout. That is why many fitness professionals and athletes are singing its praises.
It provides them with the relief they need after muscles have gone through intense training and strain. If you are thinking of investing in one, then here is your complete guide on the why, when, and how to use a massage gun for the best results.
Why Use A Massage Gun?
Looking for a reason to start using a massage gun after your workout? Here are the top reasons why you should make it a part of your fitness journey:
Relieves Muscle Tightness, Stiffness, And Spasms
Many individuals get sore muscles after a workout. Some even have DOMS, which can be incredibly overwhelming to bear. If you want to relieve your muscles of soreness, then a massage gun is a perfect choice.
It helps the muscles to relax and loosen, which means any spasm, stiffness, tightness, and soreness will go away in no time. That is why many individuals use it for post-workout muscle recovery.
Releases Build-Up Of Lactic Acid
When your body has low oxygen levels, it forms lactic acid as it is turned into energy. However, lactic acid builds up faster than you can burn it off. All of this leads to muscle soreness, fatigue, and nausea.
To get rid of this, you need a massage gun. It releases lactic acid from the body, which helps alleviate any soreness in your muscles.
Helps With Muscle Recovery
Recovery is important, especially after an intense workout. You can speed up your recovery process with the help of a massage gun. It will enhance blood flow and ensure that your muscles get all the nutrients they need. Consistent use will lead to optimal muscle health.
When To Use A Massage Gun
A massage gun can be used all the days that you workout. For maximum benefit, you can use it before, during, and after your workout. Here is how:
- Pre-Workout: Keep it on a low setting and use it on every muscle you will be targeting during your workout for 10 to 15 seconds as it will help activate the muscle
- During Workout: Use it between sets to loosen tight muscles. Use it for 15 seconds on any muscle that feels tight during a workout
- Post-Workout: Help relax your nervous system after the massage using it for two minutes on every muscle group. This will relax your muscles and help you feel light
Using it during these times is the best way to get the most of your massage gun. It will help your body recover, and you will feel much more flexible and energized after the workout.
How To Use A Massage Gun
A massage gun comes with a learning curve, and that is why you need to know how to use it in the best way possible. Here are some tips that will help you understand how to use it:
- Please switch it on before placing it on the targeted area
- Start at the lowest speed setting and work your way up
- Gently glide it over the targeted areas and don’t push it in
- Don’t flex the muscle and keep breathing while using
- For muscle activation, use it for thirty seconds
- For muscle re-activation, use it for fifteen seconds
- For recovery and pain alleviation, use it for no more than two minutes
That was your complete guide on the massage gun. If you are a first-time user then follow our tips, and you will see amazing results in no time.